Tuesday, December 15, 2015

You Wanna Be A Model?

I always get this question. "You wanna be a model? I didn't know that." Yes, my dream has always to become a professional model, but because I started as a blogger first, so many people will think that I'm just a blogger that loves taking pictures or because I'm a blogger that's why it's my job to take nice pictures.
 I started to have this model ambition and dream since I was in high school. I will always go out during the weekend with my friends and just take pictures around shopping malls. I love reading fashion magazines and hoping that one day I would have the chance to be in it. 

If you and I have the same dream, I believe that you will feel the same too. Many people told me that it's not easy chasing dreams, especially the path of becoming a model. Until now I do still believe. Nothing comes easy in life, that's why we have to work hard and fight for it. Even now, I don't think that I'm someone successful, because I'm still so new in the industry and there are so many things to learn from. 

There is no easy way in achieving something you want, and it's the same for me. I started blogging about my own personal style when I was 18, love to share my ootd online, but there are people that will condemn, hate and try to pull you down. Luckily I still stand strong on my passion in sharing my style and I'm somehow glad to have haters that made me stronger. I totally did not expect that blogging and social media will bring me to who I am today, but I'm blessed to have worked with so many brands and talented professionals in the fashion scene. 

If you read till here, you may think that this blog post is damn long, but I just want to inspire people out there that doubt themselves. I have once been stuck at a stage where I will ask myself, "should I take this opportunity to get closer to my dream or should I just stay still in my comfort zone?"

  Then I will ask myself, what is the point of being alive if you don't try to do something remarkable? I have not blog about this before, but this time I decided to share my experience. I actually went to Taiwan this year and stayed there for a month to compete in a modelling competition. The moment I know that there is this opportunity overseas, I was actually still doubting myself whether to go, but then I realize that opportunity will not wait for you twice. 




So chasing dreams to become a model brought me to be one of the finalists of this competition in Taiwan, and it was a good experience working, and going through photoshoots and runway training with them. So after a month of competition, the result? I did not win the title. Yup, I did not win but I won "popularity award" which is something that I am already very satisfied and proud of! 


Failure is not the opposite of success, it's part of success! Although I failed this time, but It's better to have tried, and failed, than failing to try!  I took the first step in chasing my dreams. This is not the last chapter of my life, so falling down once is just a step closer to my dream. Everyday is a learning process, that's why I say that I'm lucky to work with different photographers for shoots in grooming myself to be a better model. Hopefully one day, I will have the chance to work with designers and magazine for fashion shoots too! 









I do think that Malaysia has many potential and aspiring models, it's just that there is no platform for them to be scout. That's why it's quite sad that the fashion scene here use a lot of Caucasian model but for the locals we always will be the second choice. I do support local designers a lot and so do I support local models! Finally I see a chance and hope for aspiring models here in Malaysia. 


I love this show so much when I was 16 years old, and hoping one day that I could model too. (my model dream started when I was 16) Finally 8TV I Wanna Be A Model is back after 6 years! This reality TV show competition will definitely be the best platform to kick start your modelling career and also undergo professional training from fitness trainings, catwalk lessons as well as make-up and grooming classes. With Shir Chong and Sean Feng as the mentor, you will surely gain many valuable experience and knowledge for modelling. Like what I said, opportunity does not come twice, so wait no more and go chase your dream!




How to Participate:

• Castings will be held on 19th & 20th December 2015. 
• Original identification card must be presented during the registration for verification purposes.
• Full and half body photos will be taken by organiser during the audition.
Audition information:
o Date:​19 & 20 December 2015, Saturday & Sunday
o Time:​9:00am - 6:00pm
o Venue:​Balai Berita Bangsar, 31 Jalan Riong, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Terms & Conditions:

1. The competition is open to Malaysians, aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (30).
2. Fluent in Mandarin. 
3. Participants must adhere to the height requirements: Males - 175cm and above; Females-165cm and above.
4. Participants who are contractually bound with a 3rd party CAN take part provided he/she is able to produce AND submit a valid written consent and/ or a letter of release from the 3rd party to verify his/ her participation to be in the competition.

"Don't sleep for your dream, fight for it!"

4 comments:

  1. Inspiring post! Keep doing what you're doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I want to know that will this audition be held in 2018?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi.. modelling was my dream but height has been and always been an obstacle for me to chase my dream. is height important in modelling?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi.. modelling was my dream but height has been and always been an obstacle for me to chase my dream. is height important in modelling?

    ReplyDelete

Counting Since 2012